Online Application Form
*Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
Date of birth: (Must be at least 18 years of age)
Mailing Address (within Australia only)
Company Name / Care of:
Level / Building:
How did you hear about us?
Word of mouth
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Membership fee is $25 and valid for 12 months.
3. You may not lend or transfer your card to another person.
4. You must notify The Japan Foundation of a lost card or any change in contact/personal details.
5. A maximum of 10 items may be borrowed for a period of 5 weeks.
6. Loans may be renewed up to 2 times for a further 5 weeks (unless the item has been reserved by another library user) by contacting the library before the due date. The due date will be extended for another 5 weeks starting from the day that you contact us to renew the item.
7. A postal loan service is available by written request containing specific item titles. The library will bear the expense of postage for sending the items requested.
8. Use of library resources must be conducted within the guidelines of fair dealing with copyright works.
9. All items must be returned in the same condition in which they were borrowed. Please rewind video and audio tapes and place them in their correct cases.
10. You may return loan items by parcel post or courier at your own expense. Please retain your delivery tracking number until we confirm delivery.
11. Returned items may not be re-borrowed on the same day that they are returned.
12. You agree to pay any fees and charges prescribed by the library. The current overdue fine is 10 cents per item per day late.
13. If you have outstanding overdue items and/or fines, you will not be able to borrow further items until the outstanding items are returned and/or the fines are paid.
14. Loss of, or irreparable damage to library items, requires you to source the replacement or be invoiced for the full replacement value.
15. The library reserves the right to terminate membership and/or use of the library for misconduct such as (but not limited to): vandalism; causing a disturbance, excessive/repeated overdue loan returns. Membership fee will not be refunded in any cases.
Acknowledgment: (Please tick below)
I have read the above library regulations and agree to abide by the conditions of this library.
Questionnaire Survey (optional)
Area of Interests: (Please tick one)
1. Philosophy / Religion
2 . History / Biography / Geography
3. Social science / Anthropology
4. Natural science
6. Industry / Hospitality
7. Art / Manga / Performing arts / Sports
8. Language / Japanese
9. Literature / Novels
*Please ensure the above information is correct before submitting.
Online Contact Form
Terms and Conditions
The Japan Foundation, Sydney © 2016